When you’re perusing the newest offer of liquid containers, you should primarily focus on the value and quality of the products. The advancements in manufacturing technology, design, and coating and field construction methods have made many old models obsolete. On the other hand, the new ones are taking the market by the storm in terms of field performance and product development.
You need to answer a series of questions prior to choosing your ideal model. The main thing to consider is the precisely the field performance. This will help you define the essential attributes and life cycle costs for your business and pinpoint the construction type with the most suitable characteristics.
The main factors
We have compiled a list of ten crucial factors that should determine the purchase of your liquid tank storing system. If you’re in need of specific features that our list doesn’t cover in entirety, consult an expert dealer for further advice on customisation.
- The capacity in cubic meters or litres
- Conditions concerning project design and appropriate codes (API 650, AWWA, FM, NFPA, NSF, AISC, etc.)
- Unique requirements related to the storing process (digester, pressure/vac. or agitation, for example)
- The matter of temperature and PH values of the stored substance
- Prescribed construction materials
- System prerequisites and interface management
- The configuration type (elevated, sloped bottom or flat bottom, etc.)
- Requirements concerned with cathodic protection and corrosion allowance
- The foundation demands (base setting ring, concrete ring with compacted fill, steel bottom with external saddles or other)
- The expected warranty and performance
The available styles pertaining to different purposes
Generally speaking, the businesses in need of water storage that’s less than 50,000 litres should opt for smooth-wall bolted or shop-welded models. These are commonly interchangeable for the industrial and municipal use and have their specific advantages. The total expenditure of their installation is also pretty much the same.
An if you are into farming business, looking into contemporary sprayers for sale can help you not only store pesticides, herbicides and fungicides, but if you mount them onto the back of your truck or ATV, you can move these durable, effective spraying units them wherever you see fit, keeping your farm in tip-top shape. Made of high quality, chemically resistant plastic and conceived with the end-user in mind, these sprayers usually come with heavy duty, highly adjustable spray nozzles, allowing you to regulate the spray pattern and flow rate whilst on the job.
If your company is barely starting or it’s running a small-scale pilot programme, it’s best to rely on handy modular baffled tanks to get the job done. These tanks are made of special, UV stabilised polyethylene and their built is adhering to the highest standards in the industry. The construction is lightweight and rust and dent-proof.
The secure and stable pin-mounting system they feature makes them easily mountable on any flat surface. The modules can be linked together and transported too. Lastly, a fully baffled apparatus is equipped with a moisture-ridden breather for every section.
For large-scale business application, turn to concrete, field-weld, bolted RTP or hybrid type of constructions, as they all bear power-related routine specifications. The municipal and industrial usage is commonly associated with hybrid steel or bolted RTP constructions owing to their cost-effective nature, which is why they are perfect for storing liquids such as algae biofuel. Concrete and field-weld constructions, however, demand prolonged installation which increases the costs.
The value attributes should be thoroughly examined and compared to life cycle costs and installation expenditure. The results will define what traits are optimal for specific purpose:
- A water or wastewater container below ground: the best choice is the concrete tank model with aluminium dome-like cover (if applicable).
- A water or wastewater container above ground: the best choice is the steel tank model with concrete or steel bottom and aluminium dome-like cover (if applicable).
- A covering solution for the steel or concrete tanks: the best choice is the aluminium dome-like cover.
- A bolted type of tanks for storing of water/wastewater: the best choice is the bolted RTP model (rolled, tapered panel) with concrete or steel bottom and aluminium dome-like cover (if applicable)
- Field welded models for water/wastewater storage: the best choice is the field-welded steel sidewall type with aluminium dome-like cover (if applicable)
Materials and accessories
When materials are in question, the shop-weld, bolted and field-welded models are available in stainless steel and coated carbon steel variants. All tanks are adjusted for their specialised purpose and ready for elevated or ground-level installation. Regular accessories for the tanks involve nozzles controlling liquid levels, manway access points, maintenance platforms, heaters, agitators, perimeter guardrails and spiral stairways, along with specific custom-made elements.
If you cover the basic requirements when selecting the tank for your business, you can expect to have many years of impeccable storage conditions. With an adequate maintenance of the container and its coating, a top-notch, smartly designed and properly installed steel tank can be kept indefinitely, and some tanks nowadays are over 100 years old. Make sure to always rely on the value and quality when picking a desired container.